Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moments of Pride

There are moments life where you just look your kids and have  a moment of pride.  It may be when they first give you a precious smile, or the first time they start to crawl, maybe it's when they first rode their bike with no training wheels.  For me I'm so thankful for these moments when I can just bask in the awe I have for my children-it makes the times where I want to pull my hair out much more bearable haha.
These past couple of days I've had the pleasure of having several of these moments, especially with Gabe.  We are having a variety show at our church next week and he is SO excited about it.  He has been asking me about it for the last few weeks, he can't wait to "perform".  After church today he practiced his song with his uncle (to whom I am thankful for helping him live his dream) and just watched him so focused at the task at hand.  He wants so much to do well, and do his best.  And in that moment I was just so proud of him, for his willingness to use the gifts that God has given him, and the courage it takes to do it in front of people.  I know he will do a great job.

Gabe and I are both participating in a project with Paint The Moon Photography called "Paint the moon Let's do 52" where you take a photo a week inspired by the themes given.  I thought it would be fun for me to teach Gabe a little about my passion of photography-and have a opportunity to see the world though his eyes. This week his themes were sweet treats, or hobbies.  Of course he chose to take a picture of one of his Star Wars figures...since he is all about that and superheroes right now.  I thought his shot turned out great and he was picked for one of the picks of the week for the kids...we were both very excited.
So, good job Gabe I'm so very proud of you! Thank you for doing this project with me, I look forward to seeing what other cool pictures you will take in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Rebecca Dawn said...

I am SO PROUD of that boy too :) Thank you for allowing the great priviledge of being his teacher everyday! I miss him already. But the greater joy, is that I am thankful I get to be his Aunt :) LOVE THAT KID! this picture is AMAZING! and finally, I am also proud of YOU and Spud, without whom your son would not be the wonderful child that he is. :)

Post a Comment